Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Practice / Tryouts start November 17

Lot's of questions come to mind with the official start of the basketball season looming close. Athlete's are asking, What team will I make this year, (varsity, JV, C/freshman team)? What should I do to prepare for tryouts? Who else at school (new kids, players coming back, ext.) will be trying out this year? Will the coach like and appreciate my game this year? Are the girls on the team going to be nice and like me? Will the team be any good this year? Parents are wondering, Will this be a good experience for my daughter? Do the coaches know what they're really doing? Will the coach give my daughter the opportunity (playing time, run plays for her, ext) that she deserves? Will my daughter be able to balance playing games, practice, social life, and school? Coaches are pondering, What will be the best system (press, run, zone, walk it up, ext.) for the team this year? Who is going to come out and be ready to play for us this year? Will I have any surprises (good or bad)? Will I push the right buttons, call the right plays, yell at the right time, to get us over the hump?

Anxiety abroad... It's all good. This will be an interesting year. Be sure you go see a few games. Not just your daughter's games, but go to some other games also. It's a very entertaining experience and doesn't cost much or take much of your time. We have some very talented young ladies in the area, and they deserve enthusiastic fans like you. Make an evening of it, you'll see it will be well worth it. We'll see you there.

ENJOY SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON GIRL'S BASKETBALL

No comments: