Friday, December 5, 2008

The Vancouver Heat

I want to thank a reader (a local high school coach) who I'm not sure wanted me to mention his name, so I won't in this case, but thank you for reminding me that there is more than one traveling team in the Southwest Washington area. Although Premier Elite works with mostly current high school students, at least up until this year, and the Columbia Cascades which is also a viable organization, The Vancouver Heat has been working with a younger group, that this year have exploded onto the high school ranks. Heat players contributing to their high school teams are Emily Smith of Woodland HS, who had 12 points and 10 rebounds in her first game, Taylor McCullough of Woodland HS had 6 points, T.T. Martin of Heritage had 12 points in her first game, and Emily Myers of Heritage had 5 points, Nikki Bond of Skyview had 17 points, Delaney Keser had 5, and Katie Swanson toss in 10 points for Skyview also.
Congratulations to The Vancouver Heat and all the girls, good job.
Thanks Coach (I'll mention your name with your OK) and any and all of the readers, please don't hesitate with story ideas.

No comments: